To take a screenshot on a Gateway laptop, you can use the built-in Windows screenshot tools. Here are the common methods to capture screenshots:
Capture the Entire Screen:
- Press the "PrtScn" (Print Screen) key on your keyboard. This will capture the entire screen.
- The screenshot is copied to your clipboard. You can then paste it into an image editing program (like Paint, Photoshop, or Microsoft Word) by pressing "Ctrl + V".
Capture the Active Window:
- If you only want to capture the currently active window, press "Alt + PrtScn" together.
- The screenshot of the active window will be copied to your clipboard. You can paste it as mentioned above.
Using the Snipping Tool (Windows 7) or Snip & Sketch (Windows 10):
- If you're using Windows 7, you can find the Snipping Tool by searching for it in the Start menu.
- If you're using Windows 10, you can use the Snip & Sketch tool by searching for it in the Start menu.
- These tools allow you to capture specific parts of the screen and provide more options for annotation.
Using the Windows Key + Shift + S (Windows 10):
- Press the "Windows" key + "Shift" + "S" together.
- This will activate a snipping tool that allows you to select an area of the screen to capture.
- The captured screenshot will be copied to the clipboard for pasting.
Using the Game Bar (Windows 10, for games and apps in full screen):
- Press "Windows" key + "G" to open the Game Bar.
- Click on the camera icon to take a screenshot.